Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Monkey Business ...

  1 comment    
categories: ,
I often find inspiration in strange places.  This week I noticed that one of my favorite Animal Planet shows, Escape to Chimp Eden, was back on TV.  I love seeing the great work that they do at the Chimp Eden Sanctuary in South Africa.  They take abused chimps and rehabilitate them so that they can go back into the wild.  Great work by great people!  When you think about it, I mean what kid didn't want a monkey for a pet when they were little?  Well, this show makes us all realize that that is just a fantasy and that they really do belong in the wild.  So seeing this back on TV got me to thinking about monkeys and that I actually have a monkey image that I've never used.  Thus, the inspiration for today's card post ... 


As you can see, I'm still playing around with the Copic markers.  I figure that "practice makes perfect!"  I popped the die-cuts off of the page with some pop dots.  I think the tropical leaves add a little depth to the image. 



Challenges used for this card are as follows:

365 Cards:  Day 28 - A Certain Sentiment - "Hang in There" sentiment

Mojo Monday - Sketch challenge (round or square)



Supplies
Paper:  CTMH (Moon Doggie)
Stamp:  Great Impressions (Hang in There)
Copic markers:  E44/51/53/55; YG63/67; G82
Ink:  Momento (Tuxedo Black)
Spellbinders (Classic Scalloped Circles Large)
Quickutz (Tropical Leaves)

Thanks for stopping by my blog today.  If you haven't checked it out yet, go check out Escape to Chimp Eden on Animal Planet.  It's 30 minutes well spent.  Have a crafty day!

1 comments:

Call Me Crafty Al said...

fantastic!! adorable image