Saturday, April 24, 2010

2S4Y Laura's Sketch 50 and DT Call

  4 comments    
categories: ,
Is it bad that it's around 5 p.m. and I'm still in my pj's?  Since it's Saturday I guess I won't feel too bad but crafting is always more comfy in your pj's, don't you think?  Today was rainy and a bit chilly. In my book, that is the absolute perfect time to hang out in the craft room.  So anyway, I've had my fun for the day!  I guess it's time to start dinner (which can also be very creative in our house, too) but I wanted to share this with you first. 

I'm entering today's card in Laura's Sketch 50 and DT Call at 2 Sketch's 4 You.  I'm hopeful that they like my cards I've entered!  I miss being on a DT ... wish me luck!!!  Here's the sketch ...


... and here's my take on the sketch. 

I created the background by using little dots of color with my Copic markers and used the feather technique on the image itself.  I just think this little guy is so cute and wish I had one of him stuffed! 


A special thank you to MelJen Designs for the free digital image. I love it! Take a moment and check out their site ... you'll be glad you did! They are having a 25% off sale (Apr. 22-28). Please refer to the MelJen Designs site for details.
Here are the Copic markers I used: 


Supplies
Paper:  Basic Grey (Porcelain)
Stamps:  MelJen's (Lion); CTMH (Cupcake Sprinkles)
Ink:  Versa Color (Black)
Dies:  Spellbinders (Labels Nine); Fiskar's Punch

4 comments:

Call Me Crafty Al said...

fan-freaking-tastic coloring!!! awesome card all around

Laura Davis said...

Super cute!
Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!|
Laura

Heather P. said...

Oh my word, this is so totally ADORABLE! :)

Melissa 'meljen' Jenkins said...

Oh I LOVE the colors. :-) Very pretty layout too! Thank you for entering in the Featured Stamper contest at the Meljen's Designs blog! :-)